Thursday, October 14, 2004

Mostly Mittens

Two more days till Rhinebeck! Seeing as how today is half over it's technically less than that! Soooo very excited!

I finished one of the fairisle mittens last night while I was watching the debate. (Note to self: Don't knit while watching debates; too great a risk of throwing whatever is in your hands at the TV) Lucky for me I was almost finished so I only watched the first ten minutes. I don't think I could have sat there, staring at the fake grin the president was wearing, for very much longer. Apparently, the president's advisors thought the twelve-year-old disgruntled look didn't work for him in the first debate so instead they had him adopt the creepy-old-man grin.
Anyway, here is the first mitten:

The first picture is the front (are there "fronts" to mittens? Hmmmm.....) the second one is the back. Can you see the thumb in the second picture? Did you notice the thumb? Did ya, did ya? I love invisible thumb mittens.... sooo much fun. I started the second one today during my lunch break (wishing my lunch break was longer than 30 minutes......) and I can't wait to get home to work on it.

Kitten update: I gave in last night and brought both of them into my room with me. I just couldn't stand the thought of them sleeping alone in that big, cold room. Or maybe I couldn't stand the thought of sleeping alone in my room without them? I woke up in the middle of the night and saw the cutest thing in the world. They were both curled up next to each other, on my pillow with my arm wrapped around both of them. I'm thinking I have a bit of that subconscious maternal instinct going on there. Seriously cute. It almost makes the licking of the face tolerable. Thankfully Ramses kept his tounge to himself through most of the night. (taken out of context, that sentence is somewhat humorous)

Well, we'll see how it goes tonight while I tried to knit with the kids in the room (yes I've taken to calling them 'the kids'..... oh God, you don't think I'm going to become one of those people who treat their animals as if they're their actual children do you?!?! I just made fun of those people in a previous post!)

No comments: