Sunday, October 24, 2004

Here is a bit of an update for the weekend. I finished the mittens and started a teddy which I think I told you about in my last post. Here are the mittens:

I like how the closeup shows the actual color of the dark yarn. In all the other photos it just looks black but it's actually purple, green and a brownish color. Very cool.

The bear I'm pretty much finished with but I only have a picture of him headless.

Ramses didn't seem to mind that he had no head. In fact I think he was quite enjoying it. I will say one thing about this bear. I am just not a fan of novelty yarn at this point. If you drop a stitch in this pattern you pretty much have to kiss your work goodbye. Nothing you can do but frog. Luckily I didn't have to do that but I just wasn't enjoying the yarn. It doesn't slide very easily on the needle...aggravating....grrr. Alright, I'll now stop complaining about novelty yarn.

My dog wanted to join in while I was taking these picture so I just have to include a cute picture of her.

I don't know about you, but I have never seen a happier dog!


4 comments:

Christina said...

Those mittens are amazing! I absolutely love them. The bear is cute, too, but I feel like you do about the novelty yarn.

Anonymous said...

Beth from big geek here. I love the mittens! I am going to try and meet up this Saturday for knitting. I would love you to show me how to make those mittens!! They are really great.

Molly said...

Your mittens are great! I have only made one pair of mittens so far, and I had holes in the thumb gusset area joining the hand. Maybe I need a mitten book, too! ;)

Great job.

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that since we don't wear the same socks or shirt every day, we don't have to wear the same mittens. So you could knit yourself an entire week of mittens. and mittens to go with the black coat, and the green coat, and the purple jacket....

Rob
http://roberta.typepad.com/robknits
who made one fairisle mitten and has never made the mate