Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Forgive Me Knitting Goddess, For I Have Sinned

Ok, so I have a bit of a confession to make. Many of the finished projects that I've finished recently.....well.....technically.....they aren't finished. I know, I know! Strike me down, oh knitting Goddess! In terms of the actual knitting, they are finished, but heaven help me, I haven't woven in ends! I haven't woven in ends on the past three projects! My brother's socks, the SSCP, the hallowig. All of them have strings dangling from their little bodies, beckoning me to go to them, darning needle in hand, and remove the offending strings. And I would do this, I would!... if it weren't for the temptation of starting a new project. Oh, I was in love with each of them as I worked on them, and they loved me, but as I neared the end the thought of something new became too great and my will to finish grew weaker until finally, I tossed them aside. In my mind they were finished and I tried to convince myself that this was the truth, but alas.... They are not finished! Don't let the pictures fool you! I'm ashamed to say I tucked the ends in so that you would not see them. But the knitting Goddess knows all! She knows I didn't actually finish! Thankfully the Goddess is not a spiteful Goddess. She is forgiving and knows I did this in a moment of weakness.

( <---- Switch Topics Here) Rhinebeck is nearly here. I can't believe how excited I am about this festival. It seems everyone who's anyone in the blogging world will be there. I am now faced with a dilemma. What do I wear? I haven't been planning on this. I haven't decided to knit a sweater to wear specifically for Rhinebeck. I only have what I've already made. Of what I've already made, nothing is what I would call my "show off" piece. Not being a very "showy" person or one who likes to wear "showy" clothes, I'm at a bit of a loss. I think I'll perhaps choose my ribbed alpaca sweater. It's warm, it's comfortable and seeing as how they're calling for rain, I'd need a sweater like that. And as a bit of an accent I think I'm going to wear my cabled scarf. Of course, I could totally change my mind and go with something completely different!

By the way, I did get an excellent night's sleep last night. The kittens were kept in the downstairs living room. I have to admit I felt a bit guilty leaving them in there alone, with no one but each other to cuddle with. I'll probably go back to letting them sleep with me tonight because, as much as I need my sleep, I totally missed them! Isn't that always the way?

No comments: