Thursday, October 07, 2004

Of Hallowigs and Kittens

I started the hallowig last night. Ok, ok, I know what you're thinking.... "you can't do that! you haven't finished the super secret christmas project!!!" (or maybe that's just my conscience in the back of my mind) I know, I know. I just couldn't help myself. Besides, I wasn't able to work on the SSCP last night anyway. ( I really am almost finished and it won't take me too much longer)

Back to the hallowig. I am soooo excited about this project, it is so much fun. Yeah, it's out of Red Heart. Yeah, I absolutely hate Red Heart, but for this I will make an exception. After all it's not a sweater that I'll be wearing, it's a HALLOWIG!!!!! Very exciting. I really wanted to take a picture of it last night and post it but I just ran out of time (excuses, I know) But I will definitely do it tonight. I'm making it out of black Red Heart and I put gold plastic beads on the bottom so that it really looks like a Cleopatra wig. I didn't think it would turn out as well as it did, I'm pleasantly suprised. I just love it. Now if only I could knit a Cleopatra type gown......hmmmm.... Ok, I'm back in reality now. There's no way that would get finished by Halloween. And I'd probably have to make it out of Red Heart..... Red Heart is like an annoying relative.... you can only take it in small doses.....very small doses.

As I mentioned in an earlier post we were planning on getting another kitten. Well, today'sthe day! I'm going to go pick him up this afternoon after work. I don't know what we're thinking. Two kittens in the house at once! Yikes. I suppose this is us thinking we're adventurous and we can totally handle it. Of course when it really comes down to it, it's like having two baby's in the house. Believe me, my kitten has been waking me up in the middle of the night because he wants to play.....ummm, I'm sleeping, I really don't want to play right now. I'm imagining two kitten climbing and jumping all over me while I sleep, or worse still interupting me while I'm trying to finish SSCP! I don't think we're going to have the other kitten in my room with me too....at least, I hope we're not. He's mom's cat. Let her have him in her room while she's trying to sleep! You know, I'm making it out to be this huge burden but in actuality I am absolutely in love with my kitten. (I was going to say smitten with my kitten.... you see why I didn't right?) He is hysterical, he loves attention and I love giving it, he's a big ol' snuggle bug and that suits me just fine. I wouldn't give him up for anything.

So, hopefully I'll have some time to knit tonight. Hallowig here I come......oops, I mean SSCP...... darn conscience.

No comments: