Sunday, January 29, 2006

Peace of mind

To say the very least, I am feeling and doing much better with the waitressing. I was experiencing a moment of feeling extremely overwhelmed, and then, when I had to be on my own without my trainer something just clicked into place. My first night alone they stationed me to a two table section which I was confident I could handle. And I did. You have no idea how much better that made me feel!

And I guess you could say I must be pretty good at it because last night (my second night alone) I made $50 in three hours. That translates to roughly $16/hr. Of course, it was a Saturday night, very busy and I had three tables in my section (which I felt I handled fairly well). To say my mind has been put at ease now that I've been "tested" so to speak, would be an understatement.

I owe it all to the knitting I've been doing! It's kept me sane about the whole thing. No matter how busy I get, I force myself to put things down for a few minutes and knit a couple of rounds. It's amazing what a couple of rounds can do!

And here's what I've been working on. I know everyone is making these socks. I almost don't even want to name the pattern because you all know what they are!

The yarn I'm using is KnitPicks Sock Landscapes. It's striping so nicely and really showing off the pattern. And I've made sure to try it on because I know the disaster that was my first attempt at Jaywalkers (there I said it) and it's still a little snug getting it over my heel, but not so much that it would be annoying to put them on.

It's kind of funny, I'm really liking how the inside is turning out almost more than I like the outside. I'm tempted to order some more of this yarn and just knit a plain sock inside out to show off how awesome the stripes look from the inside. Of course that would involve me spending money on something other than necessities which I am just not comfortable with doing yet.

Hopefully I'll have more knitting content for you soon, but I've been scheduled to work 5 nights this week, not to mention classes and homework (I already have three quizzes I have to study for and it's only the second week!) So posting is going to be somewhat sporatic for me for awhile. Don't worry though, I'll be around!

No comments: