Friday, January 13, 2006

Warm wrists and cool socks.

Can you believe I've actually been busy for the past couple days? I could hardly believe it either. The sad part is, I haven't been busy with working (this is sad because I could really use the money) but I've been busy with volunteering. Yesterday my roommate and I spent the entire day at the zoo. We really had a great time actually, even with both of us knee-deep in donkey turd at one point. There's nothing like being knee-deep in crap that really puts your life into perspective. More to the point, there's nothing like a days hard labor, labor that you love, to really make you sure you're on the right path. I'll be volunteering again in the afternoon today.

Since everyone seemed really interested about Colorado in the comments I guess I'll clear a few things up. I'll be going out there in February during my school's mid-winter break. My friend lives in Boulder and I've been assured that there are plenty of great things to see and do in Boulder, even in the middle of February. Also, the Denver zoo is only 45 minutes away. I may have to drag my friend there... and possibly a yarn shop or two if we have the time! I'm really excited and I can hardly wait.

I'd also like to thank everyone for you wonderful comments on the hats I made. They were really fun to make. And definitely quick. You know what else are really fun and quick? A set of wristwarmers.

I know the yarn is dark and it's hard to make out the pattern, but it's from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I was thinking to myself the other night as my fingers were nearly freezing off, that a pair of wristwarmers would be just the thing I need to keep my hands warm while I'm working on the computer. Of course, now that I have them finished the weather has decided it wants to be in the 50's. Typical. (though on a side note, this is some of the weirdest weather. It's like spring and it's only January. I wonder how many more times in the next few years I'm going to be saying how weird the weather is being....)

Anyway, mom's socks are continuing right along. In fact, I'm hoping to finish them tonight or tomorrow morning because mom and dad are coming up to visit and it would be great if I could give mom her Christmas present... I'm such a slacker!

So what do you think? Do you think I can finish these socks by tomorrow morning? Keep in mind I have errands to run today as well as volunteering at the zoo.

Yeah, I think I can too.

The other day I was bored beyond belief and you know how when you're bored beyond belief you fell stir crazy and you just need to get out of the house/apartment? Well that was me the other day. It was such a dangerous thing too because I decided to go to the mall to walk around... The self-control I had was astonishing. I bought a belt, which I actually needed seeing how mine deserted me during the move and I spent a good hour and a half in Borders looking over their knitting books. I may be the last person in blogland to buy it, but I bought this.

I took it with me when I went to do laundry the other day (sad that at that point the only thing exciting in my day was doing the laundry, but I digress) and I really had to hold myself back from laughing out loud a couple of times!

It really is too funny because I can totally relate to some of the things she's talking about. Not the stash size, mind you. I could only aspire to have the sort of stash she does. Damn my poor college student status!

No comments: