Monday, January 02, 2006

Mom's socks Update and various other things...

Well, I had to totally rip out mom's socks. If my intention was to totally strangle the life out of mom's feet and ankles, then I definitely should have left it and went on to knit the other one, but since I value my mom's good circulation, I decided it'd be best to just rip it out and start again. The only thing is, that wonderful elastic that's in this sock yarn is throwing off my gauge. Not only that, but the Jaywalker pattern is not very stretchy to begin with. So, after talking it over with mom we've decided to go with a plain old, plain old pattern and perhaps with some different yarn I'll give Jaywalker another try. Ah well...

In other news, I recieved the coolest gift from Amy. Turns out I won one of her twelve days of Christmas contests and just look at what she sent:

Not only did she send hot chocolate, but it's white hot chocolate, I can't wait to try it. There are also little candy bags, YARN (which you really can't go wrong with, though now I have to think of what to make with it!) and her very own Limited Edition stitch markers. Look at how cute these things are:

Seriously, how can you deny that these aren't the cutest things you've ever seen? I tell you, the girl is too creative for her own good! Thanks so much Amy! I absolutely love it all!

My new year's was certainly the most uneventful new year's known to man. New Year's eve was spent in a car, driving back up to NY. By the time we got home I was dead tired. I didn't even stay up to watch the ball drop. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to 2006, I just wasn't willing to be awake for the first few hours of it.

Today I moved the rest of my stuff up to the new apartment. I was convinced that I only had a little bit more left to bring up. Turns out I was wrong. When did I accumulate so much crap? Ok, so not all of it's crap, but seriously, I have a lot of stuff. More stuff than I probably should have. And then I think to myself, I just threw out and donated several boxes worth of stuff... How is it possible that I still have so much? Crazyness...

I've been unpacking all day long. It always takes me a long time to unpack because I'm a total nerd. Not only a nerd, but an anal nerd. I'll unpack things and figure out where they will go, carefully deciding what the optimum spot would be based on usage. Once it's put in it's spot that will bascially be it's spot forever (or at least until I get tired of it). Serious nerd over here! But anyway, my room now looks like someone actually lives here. With all of my decorations out and posters up, it feels more like my room, comfortable and cozy, just the way I like it.

I did promise pictures of the drapes, well here you go: I think they look so fantastic. They're another thing that makes my room feel nice and cozy. I just gotta love my mom for that!

My room looks crowded from this picture, but actually it's just the angle. There's quite a bit of room around my bed and between my bed and dresser. Speaking of my bed, I'm so looking forward to sleeping in it. Couches have been my horizontal surface to sleep on for the past week and half. Sure, couches are fine sometimes, but I definitely missed my bed and the million and one blankets on it! I'm getting sleepy just thinking about it...

No comments: