Monday, January 16, 2006

Damn that hat!!!

I did finish the socks just in time for my parent's visit. Mom loved them. And of course, as is the case with variegated yarns, the stripes did not match up, but not nearly as bad as some of the others I've done.

So mom was happy with her socks, but my brother and his hat... that's a whole other story. I was surprised when Mom brought it up with her. Turns out it didn't fit him. Apparently it was too short. So all that "winning" energy I knit into the hat meant squat and I'm thoroughly convince that the Redskins lost because I had to take the hat apart at the same time that they were playing. Ah well, I finished it pretty much at the end of the game and now my brother will have it for next season. Of course, hats are meant to be used and there is a whole lot of winter left so it doesn't necessarily have to sit in a box until next season!

So what am I working on now that the socks have been finished? Finally, I'm knitting a sweater. And I wouldn't even call it a new sweater. It's actually yarn from a sweater I made a long time ago that I just wasn't really all that happy with. The fit always seemed a bit off. So I took it out and now I'm re-knitting it to fit me better.

This is the back all finished. I worked on it all weekend. It's on 11's and boy does this just fly. I'm halfway through the front already. Another couple days worth of knitting and I'll be finished with all the pieces! You just gotta love those big needles.

One thing about this though, it's going to need some major blocking because the yarn still had a bit of crimp from when I took it apart. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I may need to do some real hard core blocking, I'm talking submerging the pieces and letting them dry. We'll see though. Sometimes I'm just not patient enough for that.

No comments: