Sunday, January 22, 2006

Last free weekend...

I had a great weekend. I know it's Sunday and it's technically still the weekend, but I have to work tonight so I don't really count today as a weekend day.

Anyway, Jill, Liz and I got together on Saturday for some fiber fun. We went to the LYS where Jill ended up practically buying the place out. Liz is on a yarn diet. I don't know if you've seen her stash, but for those of us that have, we can definitely see how a yarn diet would be beneficial to her if for no other reason than there is no more space! I am also on a yarn diet. Acutally, diet isn't the word, budget is the word. A strict budget which includes, but is not limited to, not spending money on yarn.

Just because I couldn't spend didn't mean that I didn't have a great time drooling over some great yarns! After the shop we went out for dinner for Jill's birthday. We all had a great time. Jill was particularly excited about her salad. Presentation at this place was great.

We must have looked crazy because we were all taking pictures of our "pretty" food. You'd think we've never gone out to a fancy restaurant in our entire lives! Well, at least we were enjoying ourselves.

Today is actually Jill's birthday so Happy Birthday Jill!

There wasn't just eating and yarn buying, on no, there was also knitting. Believe it or not I finished up the sweater I've been working on. I know it only took me a week and a half to knit, but I was working on 11's. Anything goes quick on 11's! I finished up the seaming when I was home then I knit the collar at Jill's. Once I got back up to the apartment today I was determined to sew in the ends. God I hate sewing in ends. I loathe it. I love to seam, but I hate to sew in ends. Well, I sucked it up because I want to wear this sweater tomorrow for my first day of classes.

So I finished it and tried it on for the first time and I gotta say, I love the way it turned out. It's very me. I love the classic, basic sort of sweaters. Anything too out there is just not going to work for me. But this one, it's pretty perfect. And being in Polar, it's incredibly warm. The original sweater was warm, but it was baggy and unflattering. I love this version ten times better!

So what do you think?

No comments: