Thursday, January 19, 2006

A meme I couldn't resist.

Before I go off on another hiatus, Katie tagged me with a meme that seemed pretty interesting. Basically it's to list off 5 weird habits you have. It might take me some time to come up with all five, but I'll do my best.

1. I'm not a huge jewelry wearer, but I have worn the same ring on my right hand since I was in the 8th grade. It may not look like it to you, but one side of the ring is different than the other. Back when I was in Jr. High, I used to believe that if I flipped the ring, put it on and it happened to be on the way I liked, then I would have a good day. I've long since stopped believing that this would in any way affect my day, but I still wear the ring with the side that I like facing the way I like it to.

I recently aquired a new ring and I've found the side I like on this one too. I just realized I have another weird thing about these rings. I've tried several times to find a ring to wear on my left hand (I'm more of a one ring per hand sort of person) and all the ones I bought for myself never really did it for me. They never lasted nearly as long as the first one from 8th grade. Well this newly aquired one looks like it's passed the test and I'll be wearing it for a long, long time. Why is this weird you ask? Both rings were given to me by my mom.

2. Ok, this one is really weird and I don't know when it started or why but my inner monologue speaks in a British accent sometimes. It seems to come more naturally than my American accent. I think by all accounts that's pretty weird.

3. I think I mentioned this one a long time ago, but if no one is home and I'm alone in the house and I'm in a particularly good mood (it's imperitive that all these conditiong are met) I will dance all over the house to whatever song pops into my head. And if it's not dancing, then it's singing and singing loudly. But again, only if no one is home. That's very important!

4. I've kept a journal since I was in the 8th grade. This in and of itself is not that weird, lots of people do that. What might be slightly weird about it is I've signed the end of each and every entry with my first name as if I were writing to a friend.

5. It's been hard to come up with this last weird habit, because let's face, how many of us honestly think our habits are weird? We don't know they're weird until someone tells us they're weird. My last weird habit is when I'm alone in the car I tend to talk to myself. I think I do this mainly to keep myself occupied so the drive doesn't seem so long!

That's it folks. I'm not going to tag anyone with this meme, however, if you found it as fun as I did then you're welcome to try it!

No comments: