Monday, November 15, 2004

Someday Binghamton.... someday.

So my plans to go down to Binghamton have been thwarted yet again! Apprently whatever higher power there is, it doesn't want me to go down there any time soon. We were going to do this big family thing with my brother and my parents but my mom ended up coming down with a cold so we thought we'd better let her rest. I'm thinking next time I have plans to go down there I'm not going to write about them here until I've actually done them. (I think there's some sort of weird blogging jinx where if you write about a future event it won't come true, especially a future event involving Binghamton..... creepy)

So what did I do instead? Well, I knit (that's a given) on the front of my oh-so-yummy Debbie Bliss Cashmerino sweater. I'm to the armhole shapings now. I did laundry, not nearly as glamorous as knitting on oh-so-yummy sweaters, but it was a necessity. I moved things out of my room because we have the carpet steamer guys coming today. This is all in an attempt to rid my room of whatever allergens are making me crazy. I watched TV. Pretty much there wasn't anything good on so I flipped the channels and randomly landed on a horrid reality TV show that I will never watch again. Luckily it was one of those reality shows that's a one episode at a time kind and not the suck-you-in-and-not-let-you-stop-watching-it-till-it's-over kind. And (to the delight of many of my readers) I took pictures!

Yes that is one of the kittens chewing on a knitting needle. I can assure you that as soon as this picture was taken I shooed him away. I'm glad he's so interested in my work, but seriously, leaving little puncture marks in my needles in not ok.

They're not always little monsters either. See.......

They can be sweet little angels too. The first one is Ramses laying on one of my sweaters. The second is Pippin, laying on my lap while I was knitting. Luckily I happened to have my camera nearby so I didn't miss the moment.

Tonight I have Chorale practice. Barring some disaster I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it. (call this testing my blogging jinx!)

No comments: