Monday, May 16, 2005

This is life I guess...

I realize I’ve been quite the sporadic blogger recently, or maybe it’s just that I feel like an extremely sporadic blogger. Either way, I feel I have been neglecting the blog. There are reasons people, I promise, there are reasons...

One happens to be I’ve been extremely busy at work. Not only extremely busy, but also just a little bit stressed out. Just when you feel you’ve finally settled in, something comes and knocks you off your feet. My coworker, who is one of the greatest people I’ve ever met, let alone worked with, has taken a new job and I will miss her terribly. It isn’t just the missing her that’s been stressing me out, but the fact that I was terrified of taking over her job (We assumed that since I’m her assistant their natural choice for a replacement would be me) and well, I’ll put it simply…there’s no way in hell that I want her job. For a time, I was trying to convince myself that I’d want it, that I’d be good at it and that it really wouldn’t be as bad as I make it out to be, but you know, you just can’t fool yourself no matter how hard you try to. So there I’ve been, freaking out that I’m going to be having a new, very stressful job that I really don’t want. Oh and did I mention I wouldn’t be paid very much more for this new, very stressful job? Luckily, things have worked out where I'm keeping the assistant position. Still slightly stressful because who know's who I'll be working for, but much more managable than taking a new job I don't want.

Right, so that’s been one reason that I’ve been neglecting the blog. I forgot to mention that being really busy at work directly affects how neglectful I am to the blog seeing as how I do most of my blog writing at work (shhhhh, don’t tell!)

Also, all last week and this weekend I was either at rehearsals, dress rehearsals or concerts for the chorus I’m in. We were singing music of the 50’s and 60’s. To put things into perspective of just how young I am compared to the other members of the chorale, the title of the show was “The Syracuse Chorale Cabaret presents Songs from the 50’s and 60’s, Remembering our Youth” Ummm, as I see it, I’m in my youth. Maybe if they did a show like, music from the 80’s and 90’s…then it'd be a little more accurate for me.

There’s one other person who’s around my age and she and I sat back and watched while many older people relived their childhoods. It was sort of fascinating really. It’s amazing how young at heart these people are and I never knew it, because most of the time we sing music from the 1700’s… I don’t think anyone’s remembering their youth with that stuff.

On top of it all, I’ve been extremely obsessed with spinning. I’ve finished three whole skeins of yarn. That’s three skeins of yarn since starting to spin last Monday. I’d even go so far in saying that they look great (I promise, pictures are forthcoming!) My mother has created a monster by buying me that thing. It’s truly scary. I’m afraid D thinks I’m neglecting him because all I want to do is spin. Forget bowling, forget going to the movies, spinning is my life. At this rate I’m going to run out of fiber to spin in about two weeks. Rhinebeck couldn’t get here fast enough…

Hopefully soon things will start to calm down again, but until then, things may continue to be sporadic around here.... or maybe it's all in my head....

No comments: