Thursday, May 19, 2005

Is it Friday yet?

Are you ready to see some spun yarn? I'm finally ready to show you some! My first attempt was with some maroon merino roving that I got at Rhinebeck last year. It was great to work with (Of course I'm probably going to say that with anything that I spin! Bare with me.) When I finally plied it, it came out to be about a DK weight.

And because I'm slightly anal, I sort of measured it and it's approximately 166 yards! I love how even it came out. But I'm really proud of the other things I've been spinning.

For Christmas I gave my mom a pound of merino roving because after I came home from Rhinebeck there was a bit of interest on her part in wanting to learn how to spin. Well, basically, mom's been so busy with the knitting that she's doing that she told me to go ahead and spin it up for her. Well she didn't have to tell me twice!

I decided to spin it a little bit thicker than my first attempt so that it's a worsted or heavy worsted weight. And boy it turned out great!

And it's sooo soft! I love the way the colors turned out.

Here's a picture of the three skeins. It's the most accurate when it comes to the color of the maroon yarn.


So this week has been going a little better than expected. That is up until this morning when I get to work only to find out that the person I call boss is a bit of an idiot (and when I say bit I mean extremely huge and in no way just a bit!) because he mucked up the system everyone works in. Mucked it up so much that all of the work that I've done since May 9th is now gone. That's nearly two weeks of work gone. And not just my work, but everyone else's also. You'd think that they would have backed up the system so that we could just restore it... Well... they can't seem to figure out how to do that because the tech guy was fired a good 5 months ago and they haven't hired anyone new to fill the position... It's just been the finacial guy who thinks he knows something about computers (and who also happens to be the boss in question and the person who fired the tech guy) messing with it. To say I'm a little bit frustrated right now would be a colossal understatement. In truth, something in the back of my head is screaming "RUN!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!" And you know, I think that 'little' voice is right, so there may be a change of occupations for me in the near future.

And do you know what really helps when situations like this come up? Pictures like this...

Tell me that doesn't just make all the bad stuff go away?

No comments: