Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Is there a sock shortage that I'm unaware of?

Because, seriously, there must be. (Though my overflowing sock drawer seems to indicate otherwise.) When I make an honest attempt to knit something other than socks, I feel completely uninspired and the only thing that could even remotely satisfy me is another pair. How crazy is that?

It may have something to do with the fact that every time I pick up the sweater to work on it, I feel like I really don't have time to knit a sweater, after all, I have a million school projects I could be working on instead....I mean should be working on instead. But socks... well... they're just little projects. They can easily be picked up and put down. I don't feel I'm about to be bit in the ass by that monster when I knit socks. But the sweater..... I might as well have a sign on my butt that says "Bite Me."

Here's the newest pair in the works. It's this pattern. It's simple and it looks great. I first tried it out on 2's but it was just so flimsy, I couldn't stand it. So I went down to the 1's and went up a size.

I feel so much better now that I'm working on another pair of socks. Maybe I should just make a bunch of socks and give them away for Christmas. Seriously, I have no more room for socks!

So I'm officially on Spring Break right now. Gabe flys in tomorrow and words do not describe how excited I am! This will probably be my last post until after he leaves. (I know I've been sporatic with the posting but I've just been so busy... I know, I know, broken record over here)

One more thing I wanted to mention. My friend Jill makes awesome needlecases. If anyone is interested in one she has a little online shop set up here. Go check it out!

For now, I'm off. Have a great week and weekend!

No comments: