Tuesday, April 04, 2006

So damn bittersweet

We had such a wonderful time and the majority of it was spent hanging out. Just being together was enough. But of course, as these things go, my mood gradually went from euphoric at the beginning of the week to somewhat depressed last night when I knew he'd be leaving this morning.

Some of the highlights of this week were little things like taking a walk together when the weather was gorgeous. It must have been 70 degrees outside and it was sunny. I loved it. We also spent a lot of time at his mom's house visiting with her and she let me spin some greased wool on her Louet. I've never tried spinning in the grease before and I have to say it was awesome. I've never spun anything so fine and your hands just feel so healthy with all the lanolin (unless, of course, you're allergic to lanolin.) By the way, she asked me if I wanted to do the Sheep to Shawl competition with her and her daughters this upcoming fall! If I can get the time off, I will definitely be there!

Also, spending time playing cards with my mom who was laid up after having knee surgery was really great. She actually had the surgery the day Gabe arrived and she's already up and walking around!

My favorite times with him, though, were all the times we'd just sit around and cuddle. I know it sounds sentimental and sappy, but it's true. We'd just lay there for hours, talking, cuddling, just being together.

I wish this post could be a bit more upbeat, but I'm so heartsick right now. I still haven't heard anything about the internship yet and to be honest, I really want to spend the summer out there. Gabe really wants me to look into transferring within the company/restaurant I work for to one out in Colorado if the internship doesn't work out. After this last visit I'd do just about anything to be out there for the summer. He said he'd even drive me to and from work if that's what it takes!

I'll keep you updated. Until then I have a crap load of homework and projects to do. Looks like that monster finally caught up with me so if I don't post for awhile, you know why! I'll leave you with some goofy pictures of Gabe and me.

No comments: