Wednesday, March 22, 2006

All I've been doing!

Finally blogger is working and I have a few minutes to post. Well, here's the haircut I got last week. Like I said before, it's pretty much the exact same haircut I had, only now it's shorter and all those evil split ends are gone!
There's nothing like a good haircut to put you back in the right mood. Don't ask me why, maybe it's symbolic. Cutting off something that's weighing you down... eh, who knows?

So there is now exactly one week, that's 7 days people!, until Gabe gets here. Can you tell I'm excited? Of course, I have three days of school left, each of which has either a test or a quiz, then three (or four depending on how they schedule me) days of work and then I get to drive to the airport and pick him up. I actually think it's better that I'm going to be busy before he gets here because if I wasn't I'd be driven insane by the anticipation!

Oh, right, knitting. I've done a little bit of that. Remember me throwing caution to the wind and starting a sweater? Well, here's what I've done so far.

It's a pattern out of Rowan Magazine #30. I thought it was fairly appropriate because the pattern's name is Erin! I've been wanting to make this sweater forever but I just haven't gotten around to it! This is what it's going to look like when I'm finished, though I'm planning on tweaking the arms a little bit.

Just click on the picture to see it a bit better. White sweater against a snowy background doesn't exactly make it easy to see.

Yesterday I had so much to do. I made a list of all the things I need to work on and I just sat down for hours and got a ton of it done. There's something about making lists and crossing things off of them that feels so gratifying! Anyway, I rewarded myself by doing something I haven't done in such a long time.... I spun! Woohoo!

This stuff may look familiar to you if you've been reading my blog for a long time. That's because it's the exact same stuff I bought at Rhinebeck the first year that I went and made some nice yarn out of, which I then made a pair of nice socks out of. Well, my friend, Jill
bought the same stuff last year because she liked how mine turned out and I agreed to spin in for her.

Well, I'm off to class now! Ta Ta!

No comments: