Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I have been knitting... I really have!

It's been a week since I've been back, but it seems like so much longer. Lucky for me a plan is in the works for Gabe to come back east at the end of March/beginning of April. That is, of course, if everything pans out. If it doesn't we're just going to have to wait until the end of the semester. I can tell you right now that that is going to be extremely difficult. My only saving grace is that I'm going to be so busy with school and work that the time is just going to fly.

My friends and I just realized today that next week marks the first half of the semester being over. If the second half flys by as quickly as the first did, I'll be seeing Gabe in no time!

So is this a knitting blog? I know it might seem questionable, but I promise it is still a knitting blog. I finished the socks that will remain nameless while in Colorado:

I'm very happy with how they turned out. I finally got the tension right so that I can actually fit them over my heel, but at the same time making them tight enough so that the leg is not so loose that it falls to my ankle.

I wore them yesterday and I'm extremely pleased with how comfortable they are. I bought this yarn from KnitPicks. It's one of their merino sock yarns and I'm telling you, you can't even tell you're wearing wool on your feet. (My feet are pretty sensitive and anything slightly itchy are just too uncomfortable).

I finished the socks-that-will-not-be-named while Gabe was off giving a lecture. Luckily, I thought ahead and brought some more sock yarn to keep me occupied. (Don't ask me what is up with me and socks right now, I think it's because they're small and quick and I can pick them up whenever. This is important for a college student/waitress with no time on her hands). They are also made from KnitPicks merino sock yarn.

It may look to you like I'm finished with this one, but I'm not. I'm planning on knitting the leg up as far as the skein will take me. I guess I'm in the mood for some knee-highs! I knit the toe-up method for the first time with these socks and I love it!

I'm starting to feel like I could knit socks in my sleep...hmmm, that's either a really good thing (more time used for sock making) or a really bad thing (I'm really not sleeping at all!)

After these socks I'm either thinking about knitting another pair of socks (shocker, I know...) or starting a sweater. After all, I only have so much time left until the weather turns warm. I don't have a huge stash, but what I have in it is mostly wool and unless you have an air conditioner, wool is just too warm in the summer!

No comments: