Saturday, February 25, 2006

The trip of a lifetime...

So I suppose you'd like to know what I did on my trip other than reconnected with the love of my life huh?

Well, we certainly did some amazing things. He took me to Rocky Mountain National park. That's where the picture of us was taken. By the way, his name is Gabe. I figured I should just get that out of the way because it makes the telling of this so much easier! I would have knit on my way out there but the scenery was just too gorgeous. I couldn't take my eyes off it for a second. Here are some of my favorite pictures from there:This next one was awesome because of the way the sun was hitting the clouds from behind. The picture just doesn't capture how truly beautiful it was.
He also took me to the Denver Zoo. It was amazing. It was huge compared to the one I work in. You could tell they take great care of their animals and they do everything they can to keep them happy and entertained. One of their gorillas had a baby and I tried so hard to get a good picture of it, but my camera battery died just as I was getting one.

This is one of my better pictures of Nemo! I actually took quite a few pictures but none of them turned out very well.

We did many other things like hang out with his friends, go out to eat dinner and hiked a bit on some trails about 10 miles from his apartment. Unfortunately the hiking was a bit trecherous because he didn't tell me to bring my boot so I was hiking in shoes with no traction...that was interesting.

He cooked for me several times which was excellent. He is an amazing cook. Not to mention he's vegetarian too! He made probably the best tofu stirfry I've ever had. I'm drooling just thinking about it!

Now all of those things were exciting, but nothing compared to where we went on my last full day there. He took me to the yarn shop in Boulder. It was called Shuttles, Spindles and Skeins. I have never seen such an awe inspiring shop in my life. Not only did they have the largest selection of my kind of yarn (my kind of yarn being the more classic, non-novelty type) but they also had spinning wheels, roving, weaving looms and spools of thread everywhere. It was amazing. And what's more amazing is Gabe actually had a good time too. He was very tempted by the looms (He used to weave and spin back in high school because his mother owned sheep and he and his sisters would help his mom with the Sheep to Shawl contest at the fair almost every year) To say the least, it was great.

I ended up buying some more sock yarn (because I obviously don't have enough) and another set of needles. Right before leaving for my trip my brother was fooling around and he ended up breaking one of my bamboo sock needles. I could work with just the four that were left, but I much prefer having five.

So there's your brief overview of my trip. It was fantastic, I wish I were still there. It definitely makes being back here much harder!

I just want to leave you with a picture (sorry for the quality, I don't have a scanner so it's a picture of a picture) of Gabe and I back in high school. This was taken at the Junior Prom in 1997. *SIGH*

No comments: