Thursday, October 27, 2005

Old McDonald has.... the most stubborn horse alive... ei ei ooo!

Pretty much no knitting has been done this week. Apparently finishing so much last weekend meant that I wouldn't have time to do any knitting this week.... Oh well. I did have a great time yesterday during my clinical lab. We all went over to Old McDonald's Farm (yes, it's really called Old McDonald's Farm...how could I make up this stuff?) to groom the horses there and get familiar with the equipment, etc.

I'm not sure if I could really explain exactly what was so fun about it, other than these people are great, my professor is hysterical, in that really goofy sort of way (and when I say goofy, I mean it. On our first day out in the zoo, we were walking the paths and he came across a stick in the path, held it up and asked us what it was. Thinking he was looking for an educational answer we'd tried to answer him. None of our answers being right of course.... what was it?... A stick up.... yeah, maybe it's more dorky than goofy, but either way funny). Also, I was out working with animals. It really doesn't get much better than that. Unless, of course, I could knit and work with animals at the same time, then it could be better.

This is all of us... oh and the donkey wanted in on the picture action too. Frankly, I don't blame him.

We all worked in groups and groomed all the horses they had. There were about 20 miniature horses and about 5 big horses. I groomed two of the mini's myself and then worked in a group to groom the dirtiest most stubborn horse I've ever met. I swear this guy didn't want us to clean his hooves because he did just about everything he could to keep his weight on the hoof we wanted to clean.

After about a million tries on our part, my professor comes in and in two seconds had the hoof up. Damn that's frustrating. Well, I decided I'd try it again. I may have pulled a muscle, but I did finally get that horse to put it's hoof up for me. It felt so good to finally get the horse to do it.

So this weekend is the Zoo Boo and it looks like the weather might actully be nice. It's supposed to be in the 50's, sure that's chilly, but it's not supposed to rain and there may even be sun, which is the greatest thing in the whole damn world because I have seen nothing but rain for the last month.

But you know what can counteract the effects of seeing nothing but rain? Taking the cutest picture in existence. Seriously, don't try and tell me any other picture you've seen is cuter because I won't believe you.

No comments: