Thursday, October 06, 2005

Promise finally fulfilled!

Did I not promise pictures soon? Or maybe it's the guilty feeling I have from promising on several occasions to post some pictures and still not doing it for a couple weeks. Yeah, I think that's it.

So in case you were not convinced about my tree falling in the driveway excuse, I have proof... Does it look like a telephone pole would have survived this? Fortunately only part of the tree fell on the pole and we should be getting a phone line again by today.

You may be wondering where I'm blogging from today. Well, wireless internet and a new laptop are wonderous things. As is the five hour break I have between classes on Thursday. That almost makes up for the 8 hours of lost time in the car.... almost.

And knitting has been done as well. I know I've been harping on and on about the mysterious baby blanket. Actually, it should be called the incredibly boring baby blanket. I picked the pattern to be easy and quick, but it's so boring I never want to pick it up.

I finally did last night while watching last week's episode of LOST. I will always be behind because I'm the big dork who has to go to bed at 9pm in order be a functioning human being the next day. More questions with that show. They answer some, but just end up asking more. It's slightly frustrating, but obviously addicting at the same time. Way to go LOST producers, way to go.

Tonight Survivor's on and I've really been getting into this one. It's the only show I really make time for. Am I crazy or what? I remember hating the idea of Survivor and I refused to watch it. Then, of course, my mom was watching it one day and I was being lazy and didn't feel like moving from the couch. Thus began me being hooked to watching Survivor.

Oh, right, knitting, I was talking about knitting... Well, last weekend I finished the lining for the pair of mittens I made. Basically you can put a lining into any gloves or mittens you make. All you have to do is fold down the cuff, pick up stitches around the edge where the cuff meets the mitten and knit a mirror image of the mitten or glove. Of course, you have to make the mitten big enough to fit a lining inside, but I can tell you it's worth it!

I finished both linings and sewed in the ends. Aren't you proud? I'm pretty proud only because I know it's been since... well, I don't really know how long it's been since I've actually sewn in the ends to a project. Remember that sweater I made when I went to England? Yep, the ends still aren't sewn in. I think it's mostly because I haven't had a chance to wear it yet. The weather just hasn't been cool enough. Oh! I just had a great idea. I'll sew in the ends and wear it to Rhinebeck! Why not right? It'll probably be cool enough to wear. I might as well. Now I'll just have to find the time this weekend to spend sewing in ends...

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend. This'll probably be my last post for the week (after all, I just posted two days in a row, that takes a lot out of a girl!) Have a great long weekend if you have Monday off!

No comments: