Sunday, October 09, 2005

Rhinebeck sweaters and penguins...

So I may have been a little premature when announcing which sweater I'm planning on wearing to Rhinebeck. It seems I greatly overestimated how much time I'd have this weekend to sew in ends. I have a back up plan though, not to worry. I unpacked my sweaters today and realized I have my pink cashmerino lattace cabled sweater. That's going to be the perfect sweater for Rhinebeck, really soft, really warm and the best part, it's already made! By the way, I plan to be there on Saturday.

I didn't have a whole lot of time this weekend because not only did I have to write a pretty big research report, but my friends from school and I went to the zoo here in Syracuse. The weather was crappy, but it didnt matter. It seems no matter what kind of weather it is, we're always gonna have a good time at the zoo.

I haven't been to this zoo in years, probably since I was in a freshman in high school (9 or so years ago). It definitely has changed since then. For instance, they have a new penguin exhibit, which was the coolest thing!
Not only did we get to watch the keeper hand feed them, we got to watch them swim after the fish she threw into the pool.

You don't really get a good idea of just how fast they swim until you are right there next to the pool and all you see are blurs.

One of the volunteers were there and we chatted with him for awhile. Once he found out who we were he told us we should have called ahead so that they could have shown us behind the scenes things! Well, there's always next time.

I didn't take too many pictures because the only pictures that were coming out well were the ones that I took outside. I did get this one though...
Just so you know, that tiger was made of concrete, and it was wet... and cold. So not only does my butt have to suffer through 8 hours of car time, but on the weekend it suffers being frozen on a concrete tiger! The things my butt does for education....

Well dears, that's all for now. I do have knitting news, but I don't have patience to post the pictures using dial up here at home! Remember, patience is a virtue!

No comments: