Friday, July 08, 2005

You are the best!

I'd like to thank everyone again for your kind words, you're all so sweet and supportive!


I did promise to show you my spinning. I've been knitting too, but honestly, there are only so many pictures you can show of just a few more rows of stockinette stitch finished!

Honestly, my finger is in there for proportion, however I don't think it's giving the desired effect because it looks huge. Or maybe it is giving the desired effect because a huge finger shows just how thin the singles are that I spun.

This is the same roving that I started drop spindle spinning a long time ago. I love how, overall, it looks bluish gray, but when you look at it in the light it makes all the other colors shine through. My plan for this is to make a 2 ply yarn to make a pair of socks. It's the first time I've actually had a plan for my spinning rather than to just spin for the fun of spinning.

If you didn't catch it the first time, here's a better picture showing the thinness of my spinning. Again my ginormous finger is in there for reference. I'm going for a yarn that I'll have to use really tiny needles with. I'm thinking 1's for a pair of socks.

I've finished the back of the Linen Drape shell I'm working on. Like I said before it's not that interesting to see a couple more rows of stockinette finished. I'll probably post that when it's all finished.

A couple of nights ago we lost power from about 5pm to 1am and I decided to start another branching out scarf. I thought this was a good idea because, for me, it's really hard to read the pattern and pay attention to anything else and well, having no power, there was nothing else to pay attention to. I only finished a couple repeats of that before I decided candlelight wasn't the best light to be working on a semi-complicated pattern with.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: