Monday, July 25, 2005

Knitterly Weekend

Talk about a knit filled weekend. I spent a bit of time with some knit buds on Saturday. The weather was phenomenal. It was the first day that it's been in the upper 70's, low 80's where the humidity was more than tolerable. Simply gorgeous, therefore, we decided to take advantage and knit outside.

After a few hours of that, Jill, my mom and I decided to take a little trip to the LYS where they (and every other store in that town) were having a sidewalk sale. Bags full of yarn at majorly discounted prices... Umm, yeah, I spent more than I should have, but I walked away with this...

The green one is a full bag of Debbie Bliss merino dk... That's 10 skeins. You're never going to believe what I paid for that. Are you ready? Are you sitting down? I don't want anyone to get hurt. I paid $30. Yep. That would have cost me at least $90! I love it when they have the sidewalk sale. Oh, and then there was the 6 skeins of discountinued Rowan Linen Drape for about $4 a ball. Seeing how that puke green one wasn't going so well with my skin tone I thought I'd get some more. (Granted, I realize that just a week or two ago I bought some subsititute yarn for that project. Apparently in my knitterly brain I haven't moved on from thinking I still need a replacement, but who can resist that color?!?)

And lest you thinkI haven't been knitting, let me just show you a couple of projects I've been working on. You'll see I have a pretty bad case of startitis...


Here's the "replacement" for the puke green shell. It's coming along nicely, though I haven't worked on it in a few days because I was distracted...






Probably distracted by this branching out scarf. I'm making a couple of them for Christmas presents and recently I've realized just how little time I have until then.





But even the threat of Christmas couldn't keep me from starting a pair of socks out of my very own handspun yarn. Yeah baby! I was a little concerned because the foot looked huge, but actually it fits pretty well.


Sunday was spent cleaning and knitting, then D & I got together and made dinner (taco night...mmmmm, I love me some tacos) After we ate went driving around looking at houses. He's thinking about buying one! Is that not exciting? And don't jump to conclusions here, I didn't say WE'RE thinking about buying one, I said HE'S thinking about buying one. But I'm so excited for him, I think it's great.

I love relaxing weekends like this. I actually feel like I've gotten things accomplished and that's awesome. I guess finishing one sock can do that! Yay for little projects!

No comments: