Thursday, October 26, 2006

Rhinebeck this, socktoberfest that...

I'd like you all to meet Bernie:He's my new boyfriend. He directs traffic at Rhinebeck and I just think he's so dreamy. (ok, I admit it, I'm only using him for his Rhinebeck connections... can you blame me?)

So I'm still coming down from the Rhinebeck high. I really had a great time. I've already spun up a whole hank of yarn from that rainbow pencil roving.It was so much fun I just couldn't stop myself. And if I had more time there'd be two hanks there. Unfortunately it's not all fun and games here. I do still have school work I have to think about.

I started a pair of socks. I'm not totally forgetting that it's socktober just because I went to Rhinebeck. I wish I could show them to you but unfortunately the recipient just might see them here. You're just gonna have to wait till after Christmas.

14 comments:

CFK said...

Wow, that skein is absolutely gorgeous!

C+SK said...

Ohh I love the skein!

lesley said...

omg i love love love that hank of yarn. see i just can't start spinning cause i'd never knit i'd just make pretty yarn. sigh. please keep spinning os i can live vicariously ok???

Anonymous said...

Wow, your handspun is just gorgeous!

Katie said...

LOL, what a cute photo! And your handspun yarn is beautiful. I love the colors!

Leigh said...

Oh gosh, that yarn is gorgeous! I absolutely love the rainbow colors and the way you plied it. What are you thinking about doing with it? Rhinebeck sounds like a fiber artists heaven.

Anonymous said...

You're just a parking attendant vixen! I think the people at the mall better watch out! :-)

Your spinning is gorgeous! Too bad school is cramping your creative side...but it will pay off in the end. Then it's cashmere for you!

Unknown said...

It's absolutely gorgeous. I want!!

erica said...

Oooh, I LOVE that yarn. For the longest time, I've wanted to spin something that beautiful. I may have to look for something similar the next time I'm at a fiber fair.

Anonymous said...

*L* cute boyfriend ; ) Bet you didn't have to wait in all that traffic : P
Love the yarn you spun up!! You picked up lots of goodies

Anonymous said...

The handspun is absolutely gorgeous. I was soooo sad I didn't see you at Rhinebeck. Dan and I kept looking for you...

Dropstitchknitter said...

Hi Bernie!! That yarn is gorgeous - hope school lets up and gives you more time for your fiber pursuits!

LisaB said...

wow I loved that roving on the spinning wheel - but it is so much more interesting in the skein! I love the color combinations - you did a great job.

Once again, I must learn how to spin some day.

Paper Tiger said...

Found out more about the Northern Lights! It's Louet's 100% wool top pencil roving. Comes in the most gorgeous colorways. Unfortunately, I can't find it on their site...