Friday, October 06, 2006

I'm seeing green...

As promised, I have a green cabled sweater to show you. I spent some time last night blocking the pieces which started off looking stiff and rolled up and ended up looking quite a bit better if I do say so myself. The wonders of blocking never cease to amaze me. The fabric really softened up after I blocked it and the pieces drape really nicely now.

Today was the first day of October break for me. My school gives us a little four day weekend for Columbus Day. I'm sure you can imagine how much I needed this. Despite the fact that I have to work every single day of this break, I am still going to take full advantage of it and treat it as the vacation it is! Going along with that, I spent the entire morning sewing up my new favorite sweater.I love it. It came together so well and it fits perfectly. The modified sleeves are the perfect length and they fit into the sweater so nicely. I just might have to wear this little beauty to Rhinebeck.

That's right folks, I'm going to Rhinebeck. I am so looking forward to it this year. I'm actually going with Gabe's mom which I'm excited about. She's such a fun lady. She's been to Rhinebeck in the past and was all about going again. (Who wouldn't be about going to one of the best fiber festivals in the country?) This year I plan to make it to the knitbloggers meetup there. I missed it last year and I certainly don't want to miss it this year. However, I'm out of the loop as to the details of when and where it's going to be. If anyone happens to know, fill me in please!

Now that it's October, Socktoberfest is in full swing. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten, but I'll save my sock posts for later! After all, with such a cool sweater to show off, how could I resist posting about it?

26 comments:

Mandy said...

Spectacular! Beautiful job. :)

C+SK said...

Oh that sweater looks great on you! Congratulations - well done!!

Anonymous said...

Your sweater fits so well! It looks great!

Anonymous said...

You sweater is fantastic! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

The sweater is really beautiful. The color is gorgeous, it almost seems to shine! Its a great color for your skin type too!

I totally forgot about Rhinebeck. Its not too far from where we live. maybe i can convince DH to bring me, it'd be so much fun to go!

amy said...

that turned out great! love the color too.

Katie said...

Hey Erin, I love the sweater--it looks great on you! And the new haircut is so cute. And the new blog look, too. You have been really busy lately! =)

Anonymous said...

Love your sweater!! I love the cables
I'll be at Rhinebeck too, Cara has a list going on her blog (http://www.januaryone.com/) of who is going to the meetup, (Sat.21 at 1 outside building E) This will be my first time at Rhinebeck : )

Unknown said...

That is an absolutely stunning sweater. It looks like it was designed for you.

And I'm so excited to see you at Rhinebeck!!

Venus said...

Absolutely amazing. That really is the perfect sweater! The colours, the cables, the fit! Great job.

Unknown said...

The sweater is SOOOO pretty! I love the color and it looks great on you!

Anonymous said...

That sweater is the perfect fit and color for you. I am in awe! What a beautiful job!

Webbies said...

What a great fit! I think dark green is definitely one of your colors

Unknown said...

The sweater and the color are breath taking. Again you have done an absolutely beautiful job. But the best part, is seeing how happy you are with the finished product. That means everything to a knitter doesn't it?

Jackie said...

Nice sweater! Congrats on Rhinebeck! Sounds like a fun time.

LisaB said...

Great sweater - I love that color on you. And the cable is so neat!

Congrats on a well fitted item.

lesley said...

oh wow its gorgeous! lucky you!

erica said...

C

Kelly Kester said...

that's BEAUTIFUL! It doesn't even look handknit. And the color is gorgeous on you.

Anonymous said...

beautiful! it looks good on you!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater :o)

Leigh said...

It's gorgeous! I love the color, your knitting, and its beautiful fit. Well done.

Cathy said...

Awesome sweater. Looks great on you !

Anonymous said...

As always, your finished object is perfect! It's a beautiful pattern and the color is gorgeous on you.

I am so glad to hear you're going to Rhinebeck - I'll definitely be at the blogger meetup and will look for you and that gorgeous sweater!

Lisa said...

Your sweater is beautiful!!! Almost makes me want to jump into a sweater. Maybe by the time the winter is up I won't be afraid of sweaters LOL :)

Laurie (Moo!) said...

Your new sweater is BEEEEEE-U-TIFUL! And the fit is spectacular.

Can't wait to see you (and the sweater) at Rhinebeck!

I'm going to try to make the meet-up (1pm outside Bldg. E) but it's my first time at Rhinebeck and I'll only have a few hours to shop and meet.