Friday, May 19, 2006

What a way to start the summer "right"....

And by "right" I mean start a kitchen fire... Don't even ask. I went to put on the kettle for some tea. Everything was going just fine. I stepped out of the kitchen for literally a minute and I heard the water boiling. It occured to me that it usually doesn't boil that quickly... how right I was... I go back into the kitchen to find my tea kettle surrounded by flames! What the hell!!! Turns out earlier on, something had boiled over into the resevoir underneath the burner and whatever it was caught on fire. I put it out just fine, but let me tell you, it's hard to even think what to do when something like that happens. Luckily nothing was damaged, not even the kettle, so I was lucky. A little freaked out maybe, but no worse for wear!

The semester is over, all of my finals are finished (by the way, I got A's on all of them! So much for studying.. I think I'm not going to study much anymore if I can still get A's without studying!) I only have to wait 12 more days to see Gabe! That also means 12 more days to finish his sweater. I'm so close too. Look how far I am on the first sleeve:

It shouldn't take me too long to finish that up and start the other one. I only see one thing that might interfere with that. It seems I've rediscovered my love for video games. It has been quite awhile since I've had the time to play any of my games (we're talking maybe a year or more) and now that school's over and I only have work, I've found myself with a lot of extra time on my hands. Time I thought I'd use knitting, but the games are just so tempting. Well, I'll just have to balance the two and get this sweater finished. That's my goal.

Oh, by the way, some of you asked if I'd still be able to blog while I'm out in CO. Absolutely! I think I might go insane without the internet! I think Gabe would too, so not to worry. I will be blogging all about my adventures in CO!

No comments: