Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Don't Cry for me Argentina....

Don't ask me about the title. It was just the first thing that popped into my head when I thought about the events of yesterday, events that I think everyone of you would be interested in hearing about.

I received a letter in the mail. A letter from the Denver Zoo. Here it was, my ticket (or lack there of) to Colorado for the summer. This is what I'd been waiting for....

Well folks, I didn't get it. And I suprised myself because as I read the rejection letter I didn't get upset. I learned awhile ago not to let my happiness ride on circumstances that are outside of my control. This doesn't mean, however, that I just sit idly by when there are choices I can make and circumstance I do have control over.

So why, you might ask, was yesterday one of the most exciting days of my life? Well, I made some choices and changed some circumstances. I talked to my boss and he agreed to have me transferred to the restaurant in Colorado for the summer! Things really couldn't have worked out better!

I called Gabe as soon as I got home from work and we already have the whole thing planned! My roommate from college is getting married in June. I can't miss the wedding so he's going to fly out for it, then we're going to drive across the country in my car! What an adventure that's going to be!

I'm so excited! I know I'll be nervous having to start work at a totally new place with totally new people, but to be with Gabe for the summer, it's going to be worth it.

Three and a half weeks left of school, then it's just a matter of a couple more weeks till I will be in Colorado!

No comments: