Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A Very Merry Christmas

It's almost been a week since I last wrote. I feel so disconnected! Anyway, my mom loved all the comments you left. She definitely got a kick out of them.

So where do I begin to catch up on my past week. Well, Christmas Eve, my family and I drove up to my apartment to move up my larger things (also to put up the drapes, which of course, I forgot to get a picture of. Don't worry I will definitely get one!) That was quite the trip. It turned out that my matresses wouldn't fit up the stairwell so my brother and dad ended up hoisting the things up over the balcony to get them in! Don't ask me how they managed that!

Christmas day was wonderful. It was very festive and everyone loved their gifts. Some of my particular favorites were this:
It's a mix of some type of wool (I can't remember but it's similar to Corridale) and mohair. It should be interesting to spin up. And of course, as fate would have it, my spinning wheel was moved up the day before... Ah well. I had this to play with:

My mom and dad actually went out on Black Friday at 5am to pick this up. It's an mp3 player. It's one of those things where I probably wouldn't have bought myself one of them, but now that I have one I absolutely love it (and it's come in handy on the 13 hour drive to NC!)

I also got a bunch of kitchen things for the new apartment which will definitely come in handy. So the day was spent with the family and I spent the night hanging out with an old friend who was home for the holidays. All-in-all it was a fantastic day.

A bit of a side story here. I was going through the stash to try and separate what was mine and what was my moms when I came across a project that apparently has been in the bottom of a bag since this summer. What's crazy about it is the only thing left to finish was to bind off for the armhole and sew in the ends. Don't ask me why I didn't finish it. I must have gotten sidetracked. Well, I decided to finish it up and now I actually have a finished object to show you, however it's extremely out of season (and out of focus... sorry about that!)

At least I'll be able to wear it when the summer comes around again!

Anyway, yesterday we drove down to MD, spent the night at my grandmothers, then today we drove the rest of the way to NC to visit with the relatives. I actually only got here a few hours ago and I think one of my first question was "do you have an internet connection?" They do. Wireless no less and now I'm feeling slightly more connected!

Well, I hope everyone's holiday was wonderful. I'll be updating again soon now that I have an internet connection.

No comments: