Friday, December 09, 2005

I really haven't fallen off the face of the earth...

Wow, can you say busy? This past week was the last week of classes. They are officially over. All that's left are a couple of finals. Then I'm done for the semester.

So, we got the apartment, officially (seems there's a lot of official things happening here!) and I've been moving some of my stuff up. Mostly the things I'm not using like kitchen stuff, dishes, glasses, etc. A few things for my room, but not many. It's funny how the character of a place can really come out once you start moving in. For instance, the bathroom door doesn't shut all the way. I found this out on my first day there. I went to use the bathroom and tried pulling the door shut. When it wouldn't shut all the way, I tried pulling harder and only succeeded in ripping the door handle off. Either I don't know my own strength or this wasn't the first time the door handle has been ripped off. My roommate rolling on the floor laughing her butt off pretty much confirmed that this has happened before.

Second, there are feathers in my room. Pigeon feathers. Haven't got the slightest clue how they got there. I checked all the windows, they're good and shut, I look around the ceiling (not really sure what I was looking for there...) and around the room, and the only thing I can figure is either they've been there for awhile, or they were blown in there through the heating vents... It's a mystery at this point and hopefully won't become a problem. I can see it now, some night I'll wake up and there will be a pigeon in my room!

Anyway, the job hunt is on. I have a couple of leads but nothing confirmed at this point. All I need is an interview to convince them I'm perfect for the job. That should seal the deal. Then I can officially move in...There's that official thing popping up again!

I have been knitting, but not nearly as much as I've wanted to. Luckily this weekend I'll be meeting with the knitting friends downtown at the coffee shop so I should be able to catch up. I'm working on the last lining of the last mitten...hopefully the last mitten for a long time. Also, the pair of socks I started for my brother are coming together nicely, but the variegated yarn is definitely striping in a swirlly sort of pattern. I suppose I can live with it. Once those are done my christmas knitting is done...officially.

No comments: