Thursday, December 15, 2005

Doing the happy dance because today is a great day!

I have so much to tell you and so much to show you, so sit back and relax, cause this is gonna take awhile!

First off, let us all rejoice. Sing praises and throw your hands in the air, by all that is good, the mondo mittens... they are done!
I hope this will be the last pair of mittens I make until next year at the very least. Of course, we all know deep down I love making these mittens, I suppose what I don't love are deadlines...

They are now wrapped and ready to go. I finished these well ahead of schedule, but wouldn't you know it, because I'm now left with a week and a half until Christmas I seem to think that a week and a half is plenty of time to finish my brothers pair of socks, which it is because I'm close to finished...

Do you see how the stripes are so entirely different? I don't know if I was more tense on the first sock or the second, but judging by the evenness of the second sock I'd say it's probably the second. I think I subconsciously know that Christmas is only a week and a half away and that's screwing with my tension... and yet... I'm planning on just one more pair of socks. I have to make my dad something because I really haven't done any Christmas shopping (though shopping in general is hard for a poor college student!)

So I also wanted to show you pictures of the apartment... Be warned, it's quite sparse at the moment. None of us have entirely moved in our things!
This is my room. Obviously the TV won't always be on the floor and the room will have more color by the time I'm through, so ignore the glarringly white walls.

I am in love with this room. I have those three windows that let in so much sun. I tell you, sun makes me a happy girl! All this room needs is some plastic on the windows. I stayed here last night and thank the lord I had about a million blankets on my bed or I might have froze solid!

This is the living room. Again, the white walls will eventually be taken care of! Don't mind the books either, major studying was going on last night. As for the room itself, I think our little Charlie Brown christmas tree really warms the room up.

Oh and you'll be happy to know I fixed the bathroom door handle and now the door shuts all the way! It's amazing what a screwdriver will do isn't it?

I have very exciting news. First off I'd like to thank everyone who had their fingers crossed for me because guess who got a job? That's right! Yesterday I got a call about an interview, today I went to the interview and now I have a job. It is so exciting. What's really funny about it is, during the interview, the manager was looking over all of my past experience and I was telling him all about the things I've done and he looks up at me with a straight face and says "Do you want to be a manager?" I thought he was kidding! He was completely serious though. He said he started out as a chef and ended up being the manager 12 weeks later! Ha! So we'll see where that goes. For now, serving is just fine for me! Another perfect thing about it is I have to give my current job at least a weeks notice (though I'm not sure they deserve it!), then my family and I are going to North Carolina to visit relatives so I can't start until the 3rd of January, but he was happy with that, in fact, it worked out better for him. Woohoo! Doing the happy dance over here!

To say the very least today has been a great day. I went to the interview and then had one of my finals (not to say the final was great by any means, but it's over and that's great!) And now I get to lounge around, study for my final that I have tomorrow and knit a bit because I deserve it!

No comments: