Thursday, November 03, 2005

Ok, time for the pictures

As promised here are some pictures from the Zoo Boo.

This is our fantastic mascot Lutra the Otter doing a little dance for the camera.

And then, of course, Lutra had to join us for a little photo op. (I wasn't kidding about my wings not matching my coat! Hey, it was warmth that counted right?)

I have to say, after eating the amount of candy that I did, seeing a giant M&M didn't exactly do wonders for my stomach!

And I couldn't exclude the Shark! All of these pictures look a little devoid of trick or treaters and that's because I took these early in the morning before they got there.

So, I'm sure you're all dying for some knitting content and apparently the universe saw fit to give me enough time to actually work on the mondo-mitten. I've dubbed it the mondo mitten because, let's face it... the thing is huge, not just huge... MONDO!

One mondo-mitten down, one to go... Oh wait, I have two uncles, both with huge hands... crap, three more mondo-mittens to go.

So in this picture the mondo-mitten doesn't look so mondo does it? Well, you don't have anything in the picture to give you perspective. I've decided you all need a little perspective on what makes this mitten so mondo.

Notice that you can't even see the full size of the mitten. The cuff ends about a third of the way down my forearm! Can we say MONDO?!?!? It hasn't even been blocked yet.... we all know that blocking makes fairisle slightly bigger...

My saving grace here is that I had my brother try it on... He said it was tight....ummmm, do I have giants in the family that I wasn't aware of? Or is it that I'm just that small? Tough call there.

I'll be putting a lining in too so I think by the time it's all said and done, it'll fit just fine...

No comments: