Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Turkey Day!

This will probably be my last post before Thanksgiving. I hope everyone has an excellent holiday. Mine looks like it will be fill with projects that need completing before the end of the semester, but I don't mind. I'm still getting a 4 day weekend which is extremely needed at this point.

As for knitting, you're never going to believe this and unfortunately I don't have the pictures to prove it, but I finished another pair of mittens in just three or four days! Ok, well, almost finished. I've completed the outer part of the mittens, I just have to knit the linings. I think all that sock yarn that I bought is calling my name. It's whipped my butt into gear. I was starting to really dislike knitting those mittens, but now I just have one more pair left and I am dying to make a pair of Grumperina's Jaywalker socks. Of course, the pair of mittens I have left to knit are of the mondo variety...I suppose I'll live.

I'm so looking forward to this holiday break. And in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm so thankful for this break, because for the first time in a long time I get to sleep in for four whole days (for someone who gets up at 5:30am most mornings, this truly is something to be thankful for). Also, on Sunday, a few classmates and I are heading out to the Rochester zoo to get a behind the scenes tour. This isn't an official school trip, but we're a dedicated bunch, so if there's a possibility of going to a zoo we jump on it, even if it's during one of our holiday breaks. Anyway, it should be fun and I should have some great pictures to share when it's over.

Again, I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and don't forget to sign my Frappr map!

Updated to Add: Also, if your concerned about global warming and want to take action, join the virtual march to help stop global warming. Stepping off the soapbox now!

No comments: