Thursday, November 10, 2005

Last weekend's rewards...

As I said in my last post, I treated myself to an entire day of knitting and spinning last weekend for being such a good student who finished her reports on time. I have to reward myself with something or I think I would go a bit insane with the amount of work I have to do for school.

I finished plying the dyed corridale that I bought at Rhinebeck. I love the color in this yarn. It has all sort of purplish flecks that really make it interesting. I really haven't decided what to do with it yet, but socks are coming to mind. That is as soon as I finish all the Christmas knitting I have to do.

I started spinning up the second color way of the Merino/Tencel I got at Rhinebeck. I'm spinning it very fine (probably because I have socks on the brain and I can't help myself!)

I think what I like best about spinning finely is that the fiber lasts so much longer than it would if you spun it chunkier. That way you guarantee more hours of spinning enjoyment out of less roving. (I'm such a geek....)

I think I'm most excited about the knitting I got finished this past weekend. I'm already to the thumb on the second mondo mitten! As soon as I finish the thumb, it's all downhill from there!
Of course, I haven't gotten a single stitch knitted this entire week. I've just been too busy. Thankfully the weekend starts in just one more day. Good thing too, I feel a cold coming on and I'm going to need to recouperate.

No comments: