Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A little bit of everything

I feel like I've been gone for so long! There is definitely something you miss when you stop blogging for even a week.

Well, this is it kids, this is my last week of freedom. And when I say freedom I mean freedom from school work, papers, tests and everything else that goes along with going back to school. Then again, who am I kidding? I loved school. I'm postitive I'm going to love it again. Even all the work, papers and test I'm going to love. And there's an added bonus of working with animals. At this point, I can't see a single bad thing about going back to school... except for all the driving. It's almost an hour commute, but my faithful little Honda can handle it.

My classes start on Monday and I'm very excited about the whole thing. I know it's going to be great. Of course, underneath my over-positive, calm exterior there's an emotional hurricane going on. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I have a million and one things going through my head every minute. And even though I don't feel stressed, my body has been doing everything it can to let me know I'm stressed despite what I may think I feel.

And of course, when life gets a little crazy and uncertain I turn to my feel-good stress reliever. Don't think that this past week where I haven't blogged at all means I haven't knit. In fact, I finished the off-white Branching Out scarf and started this one. This is the last of the branching out scarves. These are Christmas presents and I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself for finishing any Christmas presents before Halloween. I'm usually not this prepared. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that once school starts I know I won't have as much time to knit as I used to and I'll have just as many Christmas presents to make.

It's almost time again for me to start making Mitten Cakes. My mom commissioned me to make some for my aunts and uncles for this Christmas. So, don't be suprised if you see me start some mittens in the near future.

I also have finished, well, sort of finished, I just need to do the edging along the armholes and sew in the ends, the shell that I started at the beginning of the summer. And of course, which is just my luck, or maybe just the way knitting works for me, I finished my summer shell just in time for... well, fall. Perfect. I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of that this Thanksgiving.... I really hope you're picking up the sarcasm here.

No worries though, I'm sure it'll still fit next summer when I'll actually wear it. And maybe by that time I'll actually have the ends sewn in. Ok, don't count on it. You never really know with me.

I also started a little side project. Just a pair of socks, but it's a pair of socks out of some truly luscious yarn. It's called Mountain Colors Sock yarn and it's yummy. Most of the socks I make are out of this stuff because I love it and it wears well.

Did I not say I've been pretty busy on the knitting front? And you almost didn't believe me huh?

I now have my own computer again at work so I'm back up and running on that front, though I won't get into the complete incompetence regarding that. I can't say I'm all that suprised, judging by how well they've handled other things in the past.

I know this post has already go on and on, but just a couple more things. I'll be away this weekend at a BBQ, which should be fun. Hey, it's supposed to be nice weather, there's going to be a pool and a bonfire, oh and it's on the same day as my birthday. I suppose I didn't mention my birthday is this Saturday. It's not really going to be an eventful year. I'll be 24.

I remember in middle school and high school thinking that 24 was really old. That really makes me laugh now, mainly because I don't feel old at all. In fact, I still feel like I'm much too young to even get married or have kids though I know that my sister was already married and pregnant by my age. I guess all that means is I'm at a different spot in my life than she was at my age. Nothing wrong with that.

I hope you all have enjoyed my babbling on. I'll leave you with a picture I took last weekend that I really love.

No comments: