Sunday, August 14, 2005

Why the heck does time have to fly???

I'm back and it was fabulous. Somehow I can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that it's over and I have to go to work tomorrow. I've been looking forward to it for so long that it just seems crazy that it went by so fast. Well, that's time for you...

It really was a great vacation, visiting with family, relaxing, knitting, reading and lots of other things. One of which I'm sure you won't believe. My family is all about making each other happy and my aunt knew that I am into spinning, and fiber and knitting, so she suggest we go see a couple of these:

Oh yeah, baby, I got to see me some alpacas! And not only that, but we got to go into the barn and feed them. What cuties... what expensive cuties. One breeding female can cost you $14,000. Umm, yeah, my car didn't even cost that much... But they sure are cute...

My aunt thought that the babies were the cutest (and who wouldn't with a face like that?) because they had these mops of fur on the top of their heads. And they were the softest things ever. Very, very timid though.

This one was my favorite. Ok, who am I kidding, I loved them all, but this one was definitely in the running for the cutest one among them!


He definitely had the mop-head thing going on. Although I thought this little alpaca trip was just for me, I was completely dooped because my aunts/grandmother/mother enjoyed themselves just as much as I did. (The guys went golfing and were in no way interested in seeing cute, furry animals... leave that to the womenfolk)

And don't think that this little excursion was without any sort of purchase. THERE WAS FIBER FOR SALE!!! Excuse me while I drool for a little while just thinking about it. The woman who ran the farm was nice enough to let me use her spinning wheel to test some of this luscious stuff out.

That was a great day. And it was only the first day I was there! The next couple of days were filled with things like, renting a jet ski and cruising around the lake, whitewater rafting, ATV riding (which, by the way, was awesome!), mini golfing (it's known as putt-putt in my family, I've heard it both ways), marshmellow roasting, and lots of card playing. It was definitely a classic family vacation.

A bunch of knitting was done as well, but that's going to have to wait because I am in for some much needed rest. Funny how you're always a lot more tired coming back from vacation than you were going to it! Maybe that's just another one of those crazy things like the time flying when you're having fun, only in this case, the more you relax, the more tired you are!

No comments: