Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Another great weekend...

I thought I'd be rundown from two weekends spent traveling, but I wasn't. I suppose there's something about seeing family and spending time with them that just makes the time spent traveling worth it.

So we arrived in Annapolis at about 1am. It'd be such an understatement to say I was just tired. At that point, all I was looking for was a horizontal surface. The floor would have been fine. Trying to find a comfortable position to sleep while in the back seat of a Blazer, without one or both of your legs falling asleep was a real challenge!

Saturday we all went out to breakfast, then Mom, Tricia (my sister) and I drove to the yarn shop and the bead shop. It was so awesome. The place was covered with yarn from floor to ceiling. Pure paradise! And the haul? Well.... it was good...


Most of it is for scarves for Christmas. The ones on top are Miracle by Classic Elite. It's alpaca and tencel so it's soft and shiny. There are also a coulple of sale skeins of Jo Sharp for more mittens. And we all know that alpaca silk is heavenly. These are all scarves for my aunts, grandmom and sister for Chirstmas. In fact, I started one of the scarves already....

It's Branching Out from the newest Knitty. I'm hoping it'll look a lot better once it's blocked because right now it looks kind of frumpy.

After all the fun at the yarn and bead shop we came home to this...

That's all of the boys watching my brother play Worlds of Warcraft and my dad just hanging out on the couch. What's funny about it is that on a typical day we would have come home to a lot of noise and inevitably a big mess. Technology and young attention spans sometimes mix with excellent results.

That night we went to dinner at the best crab place in town. I haven't had Chesapeake crabs steamed with Old Bay seasoning in a very long time! I'd say I was in heaven, that is until I cut my finger on some crab shell and the Old Bay started to make it sting. You know you can't be in heaven if you're feeling pain. However, even that didn't deter me from eating quite a few crabs. It's making my mouth water just thinking about it!

The next day we went to downtown Annapolis to go to Buddy's because my sister claims they have the best Sunday brunch. She was so right. All you can eat, loads of choices. It was great. I'm starting to feel like this weekend centered around food... Or maybe that's just my perception because I'm always hungry and I always appreciate a good meal!

My mom and brother seemed to enjoy it. As did one of my nephews, after all, what's better than eating all you can eat pancakes and waffles and being able to color at the same time?

It was a great weekend and I loved spending time with everyone even if it was only for a couple days.

It's only Tuesday and this week has already been exciting and when I say exciting, I mean extremely exciting... as curious as I'm sure you are, you're just going to have to wait until the next post...

No comments: