Friday, September 01, 2006

Back in the saddle....

School started back up on Monday. It's definitely been busy around here because of it. Not only did school start back up, but so did work. I'm back to the schedule where I don't get a single day off from either school or work or both.... at least until the next break.

I can't say I'm complaining. I've really enjoyed this first week of school. My classes are definitely going to be fun... especially a class where the first week back we got to take a field trip.... to the State Fair!

It was so much fun! I actually didn't take very many pictures only because we were there for such a short period of time. We also had an assignment while we were there. Basically we had to write down a bunch of different breed of animals (horse, cow, goat, sheep, pig, etc...) and some of the things that judges are looking for in certain animals. It was interesting and fun. We also had to go to the sea lion show and the live shark show. We'll be discussing in class how we thought they treated the animals and how educational we thought the shows were, etc.

One of the best parts about the field trip was the hour and a half bus ride to and from the fair... I definitely got a lot of knitting finished!
One down, one to go!

This weekend is the Sheep to Shawl competition. I'm really excited about it. I actually got to see the place where we'll be competing... it's actually a bit small, but I'm sure we'll manage.

For anyone who's interested it's on Sunday (I think it starts around 10am or so) It's in the Wool Center at the NY State Fair. Come and see me spin my brains out!

P.S. Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes! They were really sweet and I appreciated every one of them!

No comments: