Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It's that time of year again...

The weather starts getting cooler, the leaves start changing color and I start feeling guilty if I'm not working on Christmas presents. Fortunately this year I got a bit of a head start. I started the frog while I was in Colorado. Only two feet remain on that and I'm confident I can finish it before Christmas. Then there's a pair of socks for my mom...

Apart from a bit of kitchener stitch for the toe, those are finished! (It's amazing how far you can get while watching an episode of House...)

Even though I'm so far on these projects, I still have many others in the back of my mind! And what throws a huge monkey wrench into all of this is school.

I had seriously forgotten how little time I have to do anything leisurely while school is going. If I'm not at school, I'm at work and vice versa. Any free time I do have is usually devoted to schoolwork. It's so frustrating because it really makes me not want to be in school anymore. I know I'll finish, I'm not much of a quitter, but it's just not as fun and I'm just not as up for the work/school thing as I was last year. I'm just ready to only have to work to worry about and my free time to really be free time. I know this all sounds so pessimistic, but it's rainy and cold outside and that just doesn't make me very cheery.

I do have a funny story though. It's getting to be fall, and the fruit flies are getting a bit bad in our apartment (even with my constant scrubbing and checking for rotten food) so I went online to see if they had any suggestions for getting rid of the little buggers that didn't involve harsh pesticides. One suggestion was to put a piece of banana into a jar and cover it with cling wrap. Make sure it's secured tightly around the lip and then pierce holes into it. It said you shouldn't use a fork or knife because that would tear the wrap, instead try using an ice pick. Honest to god, I thought for a second about the fact that I didn't have an ice pick and I wondered what I had that would be comparable...

And then it dawned on me, what an idiot I was... I am, after all, a knitter.

No comments: