Sunday, August 27, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me!!!

That's right folks, lucky number 25 is upon me. I have to say, I love where I am in life at 25. I really couldn't have asked for anything better.

As for my birthday, it will be spent at work... I know, a horrible way to spend my birthday, but I suppose I don't mind too much. My mom came up on Friday because she got me some Knitpicks yarn and needles (not the Options, just plain circs) for my birthday. I have to say, I love these needles. They're so smooth and I just love how pointy they are!

I started a pair of Trekking socks with them. I decided I'd give the magic loop method another try...
Well, turns out, with the right needles, this can actually be really fun. Not to mention really quick. I started these on Friday afternoon. I'm almost to the heel!

I also am really loving this trekking yarn. It's the first time I've used it and I just love how the stripes are all different and unpredictable. Call me crazy, but sometimes I like not knowing what's coming next!

Well, I'm off to spend my birthday serving food with a smile....

No comments: