Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Disappointment, among other things...

My week has been so busy which is why I've been somewhat absent from the blogosphere. Forgive me if I haven't commented on your blog in awhile, I'm still trying to catch up!

So, first off, the knitting. I have finished the tank I've been working on. Not without it's share of difficulties. First was the forgetting to decrease at the other end of the decrease rows. That problem was solved with some ripping... Next, however, came the part where I slowing drove myself mad simply by following the directions. I had gotten to the point in the pattern where I had to divide for the front triangles and for some reason, they just weren't looking right. In fact, they were looking pretty bad.

I ripped out my first attempt thinking I had done something wrong. My second attempt looked pretty much like the first, even after I tried adjusting some things. It was on my third attempt that it dawned on me that the problem might not have anything to do with how I was knitting it and everything to do with how the pattern was written. By the way, the internet is a glorious thing and within two minutes I was able to find on the Interweave website corrections for the very pattern I was working on. I only wish I knew it needed corrections before attempt two and three were made!

So, after that little hiccup, I went on to finish the tank. It is now blocked, sewn, and the ends woven in.... and you know what? I really hate the way it looks on me. There lies the disappointment. It's too big, (though I made the smallest size), and it just looks frumpy. I really can't stand my clothes looking frumpy. If it were to even remotely fit me, the width of the lace panels would have to be decreased as would the actual sides of the thing. I swear there's about four inches of extra fabric on both sides just hanging there... looking frumpy.

Oh well, it's destined to become a gift for someone who might better fill it out than me. Though I really don't know who yet...

Anyway, like I said, I've been busy. Gabe and I did so much yesterday alone. We went to a rock climbing gym and stayed there for a couple of hours. Basically we stayed until neither of us could grip anything anymore because our muscles were too tired. Then we came home and went swimming. Then we took a bike ride across town to eat dinner at the chinese restaurant that our roommate works at. We biked home just in time to miss the hailstorm (I can't imagine I would have liked biking through a hailstorm, call me crazy, but that sounds like it hurts) Then we stayed up 'til 1am watching a movie. To say the least, I'm pretty tired and sore today.

I haven't actually done a whole lot today, the soreness being a major factor in all that, but I have started fixing Gabe's sweater. We sized it out and it's not going to be that big a deal to fix. The only other thing I've done today was go to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Has anyone else seen it yet? I think it's one of those where I'm going to have to watch it again to catch everything and it seemed to me that all they were doing throughout the movie was setting up for the third one.

Anyway, this post has gone on for far to long already. I'll be sure to take a picture of the disappointment tank as soon as the batteries for my camera charge.

No comments: