Monday, September 05, 2005

So I hope you haven't forgotten about me. I know it's been awhile, but you just wouldn't believe how busy I've been.

School is awesome, it's everything I expected and I'm sure it will be even more than I expect. After all, its only been a week so far. I'm still getting adjusted which is tougher than I thought. I think its the early mornings, then the working afterwards. Or vice verse as the case may be. Singing starts up this week too, so that's one more thing to add to the list.

Already I have a presentation to give in one of my classes. Of course the prof. made us draw from a hat to decide who goes when and, as is my luck, I drew the 1. Ha! I have two weeks to prepare a 15 minute presentation on the hippopotamus. I'm psyched because he wants us to make it interesting by adding some humor and I was thinking about playing that hippopotamus song. You know..."I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" song. It's gonna be great!

Believe it or not I have been doing some knitting. My sock is progressing nicely. I turned the heel and am working on the foot. But I'm not gonna show you any pictures of that, instead, I'm gonna show you a picture of this...

Did I not promise some Mitten Cakes? I figure I should get started on these because I can start to feel the chill in the air. And we all know fall flashes by and before you know it, it's Christmas. It likes to sneak up on you, but I'm ready for it. No sneakin' this year.

In totally unrelated news, a couple somethings arrived for me in the mail this past week. One being the new laptop I ordered. I love this thing, it's better than any computer I've ever owned. Not to mention they had a great financing deal going on, so I could get it. Otherwise, it was just not going to happen.

The second package came from Japan. Looks like my sister remembered my birthday. And you'll never guess what she sent me...
Is this not the cutest thing you've ever seen? The minute I opened it I remembered that she and I had a conversation about purses a little while before she left and she said she could probably get a designer purse while she was over there. Looks like she came through huh?

Funny thing is, I'm not much of a purse person. I usually will get one and use it until either it falls apart, or it gets extremely stained and dirty. I pride myself on being a low-maintenance, no nonsense kind of girl. Looks like my sisters trying to turn on my girly side.

And now for the not-so-happy news. My cat, Pookie, hasn't been seen for about two and a half weeks now. I've had her for about eight years and she was a gift from my first boyfriend. It really breaks my heart because I fear the worst. And yet, we don't know what happened. Sometimes not knowing is worse than the unknown. I like to think that she found another family and is doing fine, but the other side of me fears she's dead. If she is, I hope it was quick.

We do have a new feline addition to our family, though, that has nothing to do with the loss of my cat. My brother moved back home and with him and all his stuff came his cat. She's such a sweetheart.

Her name's Isosceles. Can you tell my brother is really into math? Only a math major would name his cat Isosceles.

She's a real cutie and she almost reminds me of Pookie. Or at least, their personalities are similar.

I'd love to keep writing and tell you all the little details of this past week, but unfortunately it's getting late, and by late I mean 9:30 and that's late for someone who gets up at 5:45am!

No comments: