Tuesday, September 20, 2005

More changes...

I know it hasn't been an extremely long time since I last posted. I'm still doing what I can to make myself feel better. I want to thank everyone for all your wonderful support. I particularly liked the one that suggested to knit all the pain into a pair of socks so I can walk all over it. I so happen to be working on a pair of socks at the moment, but I don't feel up to knitting the pain in. There's no reason for me to hold on to the pain at this point. And it was nobody's fault so I'm not bitter. I just want to knit and let the rythmn of it soothe me.

I am in particular need of soothing today. I haven't gotten much sleep lately, but last night was on the bad side and today, as I knew I would be while lying awake in the middle of the night wishing I were asleep, I feel groggy and my outlook on the world is pretty bleak. I'm sure with a good night's sleep, I'll start feeling brighter.

I've decided to quit the chorus. Not because it's bad and not because of anything that's been going on, but because I feel like I've just spread myself too thin. I thought I'd be able to handle school, work, and singing, on top of the commute to and from school (which is now going on 1.5 hours each way). As much fun as I'm sure I'd have, I'm also sure it might be what makes or breaks my sanity in the long run. I hate quiting anything, but right now my life is moving in a totally new direction and trying to squeeze singing into it is just going to be too much at this point.

Things aren't all dark and gloomy here though. I just finished an extremely inspirational book by Jane Goodall called Reason for Hope. For anyone who's looking for a bit of inspiration and is also interested in social change, I highly recommend this book. It made me ball my eyes out, first in frustration at how horribly we treat our planet and our fellow inhabitants, and then in hope that changes are being made and that we each can make a difference in the world, no matter how small. I've never felt more like I'm on the right path in life than I do right now. I'm positive everything that has happened to me thus far has led me to this moment and this decision to take my life in a new direction. It's such a great time and I should be focusing on that.

I promise there will be knitting content soon. I'm still planning on doing the fair-isle mitten tutorial, and I started a baby blanket for my cousin's wife, who's expecting twins, so I do have a couple of knitting things to post about!

No comments: