Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Nothing says cute like a bunch of baby animals!

We've had some babies born at the zoo recently... there's nothing cuter than baby animals, I don't care what kind of animals they are, if they're babies, they're cute.

Baby birds for instance....These are roul roul chicks and their parents. The dad is the one with the funny red fluff on top of his head and the mom's the green one.

Then there's the marabou stork chick...Who, by the way, is even cuter from the side...Tell me that's not the funniest mop-top you've ever seen.

Even baby reptiles can be cute, like this painted turtle...To put it into perspective, it's about the diameter of a quarter!

The last one I have a picture of is the baby sable antelope...She has the longest eyelashes I've ever seen.

There were also baby snow leopards, a baby preswalski's horse and a baby caribou born, but I have yet to see them. Maybe next week!

18 comments:

Webbies said...

Your animal shots are great---I especially like the baby stork

Anonymous said...

More, more, more!!!! We want more baby pictures. They are all so darling. Thanks for sharing.

Knittripps said...

Sooo cute! Thank you for sharing.

Leigh said...

What cute pix! The first one has some inspiring colors for something knitted.

Venus said...

Awww! So cute. That is some interesting work you do!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit...very very cute.

Anonymous said...

You are so right, they are too cute! If its a baby, I love it!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, more baby animal shots. They are very cute.

Bean said...

My uterus hurts.

Ginger said...

At least I am not the only one with funny hair...

Jackie said...

The stork looks like something from a muppet movie!
It sounds like you are having a great time this summer!

Anonymous said...

Awe I love little baby animals, they are so cute!

Anonymous said...

How adorable are they? You're in the baby ward!!!

The stork looks like Harpo Marx. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww! Also Squeeee! I love babies.

Webbies said...

To answer your question...yes, I think these are the new colors of cotton ease. I couldn't find any locally, so I ordered from discountyarnsale.com

C+SK said...

Ohhhhh! Please keep them coming - this is the cutest post I've seen, I want to hug and kiss my screen!!!

Mary said...

Oh baby love! The stork is hilarious and too too cute. Great pics! Looks like such a fun job.

Anonymous said...

Yay for the cute little babies! You're so lucky!