Thursday, August 10, 2006

My Last Week...

I haven't posted in awhile because (as the title suggests) this has been my last week here in Colorado. I've been busy trying to make the most of it without breaking down into a puddle of emotional goop. Surprisingly enough, I've succeeded in avoiding the goop and making some truly awesome memories.

Gabe and I went climbing a couple of days in a row and I did truly well. When I think back on how I did when I first started, I've come such a long way. I didn't even feel nervous up on the rock anymore, I only felt a drive to get to the top. This was the view from where we were climbing...
I wouldn't dream of leaving without showing you just one more breathtaking view. I just love how you can see the winding road in this one. Not to mention just how blue the sky is inbetween the clouds.

Not only did we have such a great time climbing and spending time together outdoors, but we also made some truly awesome dinners together.

I was most proud of my seared tuna dish. I've had a similar dish at a restaurant and it didn't seem that difficult to recreate. Besides the fact that the tuna was super expensive, I really didn't think I'd mess it up too badly. When it was all said and done, it turned out so well.

So well, in fact, that I had to take a picture of it. It's seared tuna over rice and fresh spinach with a vinegrette of sorts and goat cheese crumbled on top. The first words out of Gabe's mouth when he tried a bite were "Hell yeah!" I think I was beaming for the rest of the dinner. I might make the sauce a little bit differently next time because there was just a bit too much soy sauce in it, but other than that, it was perfect!

We couldn't forget about dessert either. I baked my first apple pie... It was so, so good. We almost finished the whole thing in one night. Of course, I had to take a picture of that too, after all, it was my first...

Isn't it beautiful? And so yummy! I guess I never realized how easy apple pies are to make. (that is of course, if you don't make the pie crust from scratch...) I most certainly will be making myself a pie or two when I get back to NY.

As for NY, we're leaving on Monday. I actually have to work all weekend and then leave. That's why I had to make the most of this past week. After that, I may not be posting for awhile because I'll be spending the next week with Gabe and my family before his plane leaves.

On to a more happy subject... knitting. I finished the back of my green sweater and started the front. In fact, I got quite a bit of the front done last night at the stitch 'n bitch. By the way, I've had such a great time meeting all the knitters here that it's just one more thing making me not want to leave! Anyway, here's what the front looks like...

I love the way the cables are showing up. I was fairly sure they would look ten times better in this yarn than in the yarn it called for (Jaeger Trinity). The cable is just so much more defined.
I'm really anxious to finish this sweater for some reason. I guess I just really want to try it on and see how it fits. My last attempt (the purple monstrosity tank) has really made we want to make something that fits well!

That's it for me folks, at least until the next time I get a chance to post. I warn you, it may be awhile, but hang in there, I'll be back!

No comments: