Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Mini-Crisis

Disaster has struck! I was working on my second sock and about halfway through I realized I was not going to have enough yarn to finish it! This is inevitably one of those times when I'm none too thrilled with my work. Basically I should have made the leg of the first sock a lot shorter. So what did I do to correct such a horrid mistake???? Yes, I did the unthinkable. I ripped....and ripped......and ripped......until finally there was no more sock.

I know this all sounds so dramatic but I'm actually not too upset by it. After all, the first sock only took me a day or two to make so it's not that big a deal. However, had it been a sweater I'd pretty much be freaking out right about now. No worrys though. Socks are quick. Though I would like to move on to another Christmas present this weekend. Had this little mishap not happened I'd already be finished. Ah well, no use it dwelling. As soon as I'm finished with these socks......again..... I'll post of picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts ##NAME##. I was looking for free knitting patterns realted information and found your blog. I have a ##LINK## site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, magazines, machines and more. Come and check it out if you get time! : )