Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Busy Little Bee

Ever since I finished my brother's socks that seemed to drag on and on forever, I've been churning out projects left and right.

I started and finished a pair of socks in a week. I bought the yarn at Rhinebeck and once it's was wound into a ball, I just couldn't resist starting it. They're made out of Socks that Rock in the colorway Fire on the Mountain.Of course, as is always the case with me, I have not sewn in the ends yet... They will get done as soon as I decide to wear them! A lot of my friends have made the observation that these socks aren't my typical color choice. They're a little too flashy, a little too bright. Well, they caught my eye. Perhaps I'm changing into someone a little more flashy and bright! And, let's face it, they're socks, it's not like I'm making a sweater out of these colors!

Then I cast on for an Odessa hat. I started and finished it in 24 hours.All this knitting suggests one of two things. Either I'm a very fast knitter, or I just have a whole lot of time on my hands...

I like to think it's because I'm fast.

6 comments:

erica said...

What a cute hat. I love it!

Knittripps said...

Love the hat! That is such a pretty pattern. I would knit one up if I thought I could knock it out that quickly :)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I'd say you're a fast knitter, as well!

Fire On The Mountain is my favorite pair of socks. I always grab them out of the drawer and apologize to the others.

Great hat.

VERY FAST!

Bean said...

holy super cute socks batman!

MSbeckey said...

Cute socks and the hat is great! Good way to spend time!

onethread said...

Are you okay, or did you just give up on blogging?