Friday, March 07, 2008

Knitting update.

Just a quick post here kiddos. I'm not dead. It seems that finding time to blog is not tops on my list of priorities at the moment (we all go through slumps, right?) I don't want to totally leave everyone in the dark though.

I've been working on a couple of projects recently. Both have been taking equal amounts of my knitting time. One because it's interesting and I've been wanting to knit it ever since I started yoga and the other because it's a birthday present and it has to be finished by the end of March.

Here's the yoga related project...It will eventually be the lacy yoga mat bag from Interweave knits. The pattern is simple and you'd think that by now I would have memorized it, but I haven't because I've been knitting it while watching episodes of The Office (I never knew I could laugh that hard!)

The other project is a pair of socks for the boy for his birthday.This pictures makes these socks look purple but I assure you they're not. It's a twist of brown and navy blue. I know he'll love them because he almost never takes off the scarf I made him for Christmas. What a good guy! I know he knows I'm making him something because the package arrived from Knit Picks while he was over and he was a bit suspicious of the fact that I didn't tear right into it the minute it came into my hands.

And just because I haven't in a long time, here's a picture of my baby, Ludo, in his typical relaxing postition...He always looks so fed up with my taking pictures of him, but I'm pretty sure it's because he's reacting to the flash... at least, that's what I like to tell myself!

9 comments:

Laurie (Moo!) said...

The yoga bag is looking nice. I made the water bottle holder, using the same pattern...mostly. Never finished the strap.

Ludo looks really comfy. It's good that you don't get the devil cat pictures when you use a flash. Wes always has glowing eyes.

Paper Tiger said...

Oh, Ludo... What a cutie!

A friend of mine knitted the yoga mat bag and found that it stretched a ton lengthwise. So you might be done sooner than you think!

Knittripps said...

I always like a cute cat picture!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sis!

I am finally checking out your blog. My girlfriend is a knitting freak and I told her about you and your obsession with knitting. She will be checking out your fabulous projects.
Love you!

Trish

yarnivorous said...

Ludo is gorgeous! Man I miss our cats.

Bean said...

Aw man! Was Ludo humping that blanket again!??! :)

Webbies said...

Yoga.....ah yes, back when I could actually bend my body :)

Jackie said...

What you need to do to deflect curiosity is rip into the package and exclaim over the yarn as you normally would, and put them aside.

Ludo looks like he is really impressed with having his picture taken!

smelk-o-matic said...

Awwwww! Look at that kitty!!!! So fluffy!

Smiles,
Erin