Monday, October 01, 2007

It's October!

I think we all know what that means.... Socktoberfest! And it's also the month where Rhinebeck takes place! Oh I'm looking forward to it this year!

As for the socks... I haven't started a pair because I've been diligently working on VaVaVoom version 2.0. I'm nearly finished with the second sleeve. The end is near. But I do have plans for socks. I plan on using that Lorna's laces sock yarn that I bought in Toronto.Mmmmm, Lorna.... you're so good at what you do... I love these colors. These are my kind of colors! The thing is, I never really wear these colors all together other than in socks. But I do love them. They make me happy!

I have a lot of things making me happy recently. My job is going well. I'm making up for all the time off I took, which is great monetarily because it means I can actually get some of the things I've been putting off getting (like that knitpicks lace yarn to finish those two lace projects I'm working on.) It's also wonderful to be able to come home and have nothing to do. Let me put it this way, I come home and there's no reading assignments, no school projects, no papers that are due in the morning... It's bliss. I loved school, but I'm ready for life again.

I haven't blogged much recently because I've been working full time, but I've also been developing a social life again. One that was put on hold while I was in school. I've been dating, which has been fun, but I'm not sure dating is really what I want to do. How can you expect to get to know someone really well while you're dating? No one really acts the way they really are when they date. There are nerves up the wazoo when you first meet. Not to mention there are all these expectations that go along with it. I'd much rather meet someone as a friend and develop a relationship from there. So, I've been open to friendships at the moment.

Anyway, I have today off and I hope to finish up the pieces for VaVaVoom. I'm nearly there! I wouldn't be surprised if I start piecing it together tonight!

7 comments:

Laura said...

Glad to see you're all "socktoberfesty". I think once I finish up the guy socks I'm making that I'll make a pair for myself out of the Koigu I bought months ago!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for Rhinebeck!!!

Sounds like you've been movin' and shakin'. Hooray!

Good luck with VaVaVoom and the finishing.

Katy said...

The dating thing is hard. When I was in my twenties and living in a new city, I put a personal ad in the local arts paper--but the only way I could do it w/o driving myself crazy was to think of it as an "adventure", rather than as a "search for the perfect person". I met some interesting guys--interesting in both good and bad ways!--but mostly I did not take it that seriously. And then I actually did meet my now-DH through the personal ads a few years later, so it can work--sometimes. ;) He and I would probably have never met outside of that, but we are very well suited.
My rule for first dates? Coffee or a beer only (no dinners--they are too long when things don't go well!).

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying your after school life!

Cathy said...

I think I'm going to join in on the Socktoberfest action. I haven't knit socks in a while.

Enjoy your post-school freedom :)

Anonymous said...

I feel like dating is a bit artificial as well. I would rather be at home with take-out, a movie, and my knitting than on a date making forced conversation with some guy. But then again, I want to find someone to share my life with. So I go on dates. :) Glad to hear you are having fun!

LisaB said...

Yes, I love the term "up the wazoo". My mom used to say that when we were younger and it would crack us up!

I remember when I switched from school/work to just work. It was such a nice switch!